Oxcel Group Pty Ltd. trading as Darwin Auto Motors ACN# 622168316, ABN# 58622168316, LMVD# 1001 (“we”, “us” or “our”) maintain a policy in accordance with Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles, as Australian Privacy Law considering your importance of privacy and appreciating your personal information is very important to you.
What personal information does we collect
The types of personal information we collect relies on upon the way of your dealings with us and the purpose behind collecting it. We may collect personal information on certain circumstances like purchase used vehicle from us, are one of our providers or submit an job application.
While you manage us whether as an prospective or an actual customer or as a result of us buying personal information about you from third parties, we may collect and store personal information from you or third parties.
The kinds of personal information that we may collect and hold for our activities incorporates:
- Name, Address, Driving License Number and date of birth;
- Current employer, previous employers, Payslips and duration of employment/s;
- Email address;
- Telephone numbers
There might be conditions where we may require other personal information from you, such as a copy of your driver’s license if you partake in a test drive or your financial related information in the event that you are looking for or obtain finance for the buy of an used vehicle.
In the event that you apply for a vocation at Darwin Auto Motors, we may likewise collect information about your work history including from your officials, alongside the aftereffects of any testing we may request that you attempt, with your consent, to help us in considering your application.
In expansion to the sorts of personal information distinguished above, Darwin Auto Motors may collect individual information as generally allowed or required by law.
How your personal information is collected
We may collect personal information directly from you including in person or over the telephone. We collect personal information about you if you do inquire about our goods or services in relation to a motor vehicle provided by us or deal with us in anyways or if you request a test drive, information or other materials about our vehicles or services.
The circumstances where we may collect personal information about you by acquiring it from third parties such as service provider or individual financial institutions, a referee. Also, if you purchase used vehicle, and or arrange finance for the purchase of used vehicle, or may take test drive.
How we hold your personal information
At Darwin Auto Motors, we use reasonable measures and take reasonable steps to protect your personal information; methods we use may include steps such as:
- Regular maintenance of a secure environment for storage of your information in any form;
- Providing the access only to authorised personnel when access is required
- Using technology such as encryption and/or password protection to secure information kept in electronic form wherever practicable and appropriate,
These measures incorporate controls around access to our premises and frameworks, requiring our employees to conform to this policy and requiring outsider party organisations to keep the data we give to them private.
How we disclose and use your personal information
We may disclose your information to related Darwin Auto Motors elements or third party service and contractual workers who aid our interior business and regulatory operations. When we draw in the administrations of an outsider, we find a way to guarantee they agree to the Privacy Act and keep up the secrecy of any personal information to which they approach.
We may disclose your personal information If you are any of the following:
- If you are a customer of our business;
- If you buy a vehicle from, or book a service through our dealerships
- a customer or guarantor of a customer’s credit
- a contractor or supplier of goods and services to us,
- an employee; or
- other person from or about whom we collect, hold, use and/or disclose personal information,
- If we required to by law to any Government Organisations/Departments
We may also disclose your personal information to associations offering you insurance, finance and extended warranties , to fulfil legitimate necessities, for example, exposure to law authorisation offices or the courts.
With your assent, we do allow your personal information to be given to choose associations that perform specific functions or operations for us. We tie these organisations to an indistinguishable standard of care as we do ourselves.
We will not provide your personal information to any other association for showcasing purposes without your consent and won’t share, offer or exchange your information to non-related organisations or people.
We utilise your personal information only for the following purposes:
- Purposes permitted by Australian Privacy Law or any other law;
- For the administration of any contract of supply of goods or services to or by us;
- For the purpose of delivery of products and services to the customers and also for administration of any warranty on vehicle provided to you;
- For investigation or assistance with any investigation into any complaint about the conduct of our business, specifically, under Australian Privacy Law or any other law;
- To impose any term of any contract or other right which might arise out of or in relation to our dealings with you;
- To allow the manufacturer or distributor of any products or services purchased by you or in respect of which you have made enquiries or which you get serviced or repaired with us, to achieve any of the purposes outlined above which includes the disclosure of your personal information to the manufacturer or distributor for such purposes and we are able to refer you to their Privacy Policies; or
- To otherwise communicate with you for the purposes outlined above.
We generally do not provide customers’ personal information to any third parties however if brought in use then our business associates will only use it for below purposes:
- Attain and use your personal information in accordance with Australian Privacy Law
- Require assurance from the business associate/s such as suppliers, distributors and other subsidiaries to use the customers’ information in strict confidentiality and utilise only for business purposes.
- Manage the provision of consumer credit to finance your purchase from us.
Consumer Credit Information
This policy applies to all personal credit information collected by Darwin Auto motors, committed to comply with Australian Privacy Law.
We may collect consumer credit information from you if you:
- Apply for consumer credit from an external credit provider to finance purchases of goods or services in relation to motor vehicle from us.
- If your credit account terms or the terms of the credit account you have guaranteed and conditions need to be adjusted
- If you agree to provide a guarantee for consumer credit .
We may collect, hold and disclose consumer credit information includes:
- Name , address and date of birth
- Current Employment status and employment history
- Motor vehicle driving licence
- Credit liability information about the credit accounts the customer has applied for or hold whether with us or some other credit provider.
- Information about the credit application including the type of credit.
- To a credit reporting body
- To another supplier if they hold your consent to obtain a reference
- To a debt collector or solicitor in the event of default
Amendment to any incorrect personal information
If you believe any personal information which we hold about you is incorrect, please contact us by email, facsimile or post to our contact details and tell us what information which we hold about you is, in your belief, incorrect and how you want it to be amended. We will deal with your request in accordance with Australian Privacy Law and provide you our response and/or reasons no later than thirty 30 days after receiving your request. If we have supplied credit information, which we have agreed to correct to a credit reporting body, we will notify that body within seven business days of making that decision.
If you are dissatisfied with our response to any request you make in relation to your personal information or otherwise have any complaint about how we utilise your personal information, please contact us at our contact details below. Our Privacy Officer will then follow our Privacy Internal Dispute Resolution Process.
Darwin Auto Motors considers seriously its consistence with security commitments. We will guarantee that your complaint is enrolled with us, and may ask for that you give the complaint to us in composing. The privacy officer guarantees that the objection is alluded to the right individuals inside the association to examine and react to the complaint. Any response or activity will be advised to you when practicable.
906 Stuart Hwy, Pinelands NT 0828
Telephone: 08 89007781